In some cases, when you update the operating system, it comes with several new issues. The smart features, including Universal clipboard and Auto Unlock, the upgrade feature of Mac Sierra was one of the significant upgrades of OS. Though there is no other way to prevent such problems altogether. Slow Wi-Fi connection is a very ordinary issue for the users. Many users who have faced such problems evolve on the Mac OS version; mostly, everyone has criticized the slow speed of the Wi-Fi after it was introduced. Such Wi-Fi issues can lead to facing problems connecting to the internet as well as the decreasing of Wi-Fi connections as well as other connection issues. Read through the blog and follow the instructions to fix the slow Wi-Fi connection on MacOS Sierra.
How to Fix the Slow Wi-Fi Connection
Before executing any slow Wi-Fi fix, it is necessary to back up the Mac via Time Machine. We would suggest you scan the system with Reimage to check whether the apps and files are working correctly. These types of scans may reflect the PUPs or issues occurring in other system problems.
If you want to fix the slow Wi-Fi connection, then you can follow the provided steps:
Clear the Wi-Fi Preferences
If you want to clear the Wi-Fi Preferences, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Disable the running apps that are using Wi-Fi
- Switch off Wi-Fi, and for this, you have to tap on the Wi-Fi section and then choose the Turn of Wi-Fi Off option.
- Open the Finder option, and tap command+ Shift + Go to launch the Go To Folder option.
- Insert the given path on the window:
- Locate files mention below and choose them:
- Clear the folders by dragging it to the Bin.
- As matching, the Wi-Fi configuration folders are removed.
- Start the Mac again.
- As the system boots, tap on the Wi-Fi section and choose the switch Wi-Fi On option.
Reset the Network Location Through DNS and MTU
If you want to reset the Network Location through DNS and MTU, then abide by the given steps:
- Navigate to the System Preferences.
- Choose the Network option.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi option via a left window.
- Launch the Location section and select the Edit Locations option.
- Tap on + sign to make the latest network location and then name it like Wi-Fi error Fix.
- Launch the drop-down section of Network Name and press the Wi-Fi network you like to connect with.
- Click on Advanced on Network panel and launch the TCP/ IP button.
- Choose the Renew DHCP Lease option.
- Launch the DNS button below the DNS Servers and hit the + option.
- Insert every IP on to own entry: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
- Choose the Hardware option and set the option from Configure to Manually.
- Change the MTU to Custom then figure to 1453.
- Hit the OK option and then Apply to save changes.
Stop Automatic Download to Fix the Issue of Slow Wi-Fi Connection
If you wish to stop the automatic download from fixing the issue of slow Wi-Fi connection, then pursue the given instructions:
- Navigate to the System Preferences.
- Open the App Store and then untick Download recently available updates in the background option.
Fix the SSL Certificate Problem
Follow the provided steps to fix the SSL certificate problem:
- Tap on the Wi-Fi tab in the menu section.
- Click on the Open Network Preferences.
- Choose the Advanced option and then select a network you want to use.
- Press the Subtract sign and then hit the OK option.
- Remain at similar Network Preferences then tap on Wi-Fi at the left.
- Hit the Subtract sign and then tap on the Apply option.
- Select the Addition sign and then click on the Wi-Fi below Interface and Service name.
- Tap on the Apply option to save the changes.
Hey I amSmith, a certified technical professional for ESET with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding youreset.com/activatethen can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from ESET Experts in a small time period.