You should think twice before doing a factory reset as it restores the default information, as well as options, while also deleting the data of your device. This should be the last option for making your device work, in case of some issues or errors. In this blog, we will discuss the process of factory resetting Android tabs.
The method of doing a factory reset with the help of tablet settings
Remember that all of the Android devices shall have the Factory reset option in the Settings application.
Note that not all of the Android tablets are same, but generally, you need to follow the given below steps for doing the factory reset.
- Firstly, press the Menu option.
- Then, search and choose the Settings application from the tablets home screen.
- After that, visit the Personal part.
- Next, choose Backup and Reset.
- After that, click on the Factory data reset.
- Lastly, give confirmation.
If it is successful, then your Android tablet shall restart and begin the deleting work. Give it time for doing the same, as soon as things get deleted, and then it shall by itself go for a reboot.
It is worth noting that unfortunately that not each of the Android models have the same interface. So the above-mentioned steps do vary a bit sometimes.
The method of doing a factory reset with the help of recovery mode
For going to the recovery mode, you need to do a long press on the designated hotkeys. Although it might not be the same in all the Android devices.
The method of finding the recovery mode
As soon as your Android tablet enters recovery mode, it shall show a picture of an avatar at the upper side. After that, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go through the present options with the help of Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Then, visit the wipe data/factory reset option.
- After that, tap on the Power option.
- Next, by the Volume Up/Down buttons choose Yes-erase all user data.
- Then, tap on the Power option one more time.
- After that, give some time to your device for performing the factory reset as well as a reboot.
Always remember to back up
- Firstly, visit the Settings.
- Then, choose the Backup and Reset option. You shall get it from the Personal Settings part.
- Lastly, turn on back up my data.
Congratulations! You have been able to factory reset your Android tablet with the help of this blog.
Devin Smithis a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regardingmcafee.com/activateand how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.