The Microsoft Store, also known as the Windows Store is an official market to get Windows programs and apps. Some apps are only found on the Windows Store and arent available as software installation packages on third party sites. In several cases, users encounter Store dysfunctioning. If you are also experiencing issues on your Microsoft Store, then you are on the right spot. Here you will learn how to troubleshoot the Windows Store. Here is how you can do so.
Method 1: Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooter that can look for the issues and solve them as well. There is also a troubleshooter program in your device dedicated to the Microsoft Store. Heres how to use this:
- Press the Windows + I keys together to bring up the Settings of your system.
- Head to the Update and Security and then click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now choose the Microsoft Store Apps option from the available list.
- Press Run the troubleshooter option.
- Once you press that option, the program will scan and find the ongoing issues. Once that scan completes, you will see the result of the scan.
Method 2: Check the Computers Time
If your computer date and time are not correct according to your current location, then the Store wont load apps. It may not even work with improper time. So go ahead and check that the time is correct according to your location.
Method 3: Resetting Windows Store
By resetting the Microsoft Store, you can actually clear the stored data and modified settings of the Store. This can lead to a faster and trouble-free Microsoft Store experience. Heres how to do it:
- Hit the Start + I keys to launch the settings of your computer.
- Head to the App option.
- Scroll downwards and then locate the Microsoft Store app.
- Once that is done, simply click on it.
- Head to the Advanced options and then click on the Reset button.
- If asked for confirmation, then press the Reset button once more to confirm your decision.
Method 4: Remove the Cached Data of Windows Store
When you clear the cached data of the Store, it can resolve some issues and app installation issues. Corrupted data can prevent the Store from downloading data from the internet. So heres how to clear the data cache of Windows Store:
- Hit the Start + R keys together on the keyboard to bring up the Rund dialogue box.
- Once the Run dialogue box appears, just enter esreset.exe and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This will open the blank command prompt windows, which will clean the cached data of the Microsoft Store in the background.
- The windows will automatically disappear, so you wont have to type anything in it.
The Window Store will launch after the data is cleaned.
Method 5: Resetting the Windows Update Components on the PC
If the problem on the windows store is still showing up, then the most effective solution is resetting the components of Windows Update.
For doing so, you will need to download an additional tool from this link: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Windows-Update-Agent-d824badc.
So, first of all, copy the above link and download the tool.
Now follow the steps mentioned here:
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Find the ResetWUEng.cmd file and then right-click on it.
- Press the Run as administrator option.
- Hit the Y key on the keyboard and then press Enter.
- Now hit the 2 numerical key to choose the Resets the Windows Update Components option.
- Press Enter to initiate the process.
The process will start, and the Windows Update Components will be resettled within minutes.
Devin Smithis a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regardingmcafee.com/activateand how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.