Science and Technology
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE IN DISCORD?
You may know how irritating it must be when you are left with no bandwidth in a place where everyone is using the internet. It slows down the network, and you can’t use it.
Although there are different ways to limit the bandwidth in specific devices, and if you want to limit your ban
You may know how irritating it must be when you are left with no bandwidth in a place where everyone is using the internet. It slows down the network, and you cant use it.
Although there are different ways to limit the bandwidth in specific devices, and if you want to limit your bandwidth too, then you are on the right post. Read through the blog and follow the instructions.
What Does It Mean to Limit the Bandwidth the Router
Router- This is the device that is connected to an Internet Service Provider modem. It helps in creating a network and managing traffic.
Bandwidth- It is the measure that one can transmit the limited quantity of data at a particular time.
Bandwidth is divided among all devices equally. Any devices that use their limited amount of data wont be able to use it anymore.
How to Check the Router Address
If you want to check the Router Address, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Click Start and then input cmd.
- Click Command Prompt desktop app on any computer linked to Wi-fi.
- Input the command ipconfig/all and select Enter.
- Create a note for the Gateway of the IP address. Also, record the IPv4 and Physical Address.
Steps to Limit the Bandwidth of the Router
Every router has a different menu system. The user can use the media access control or internet protocol of the devices to control the limitation of bandwidth.
How to Limit the Bandwidth on Linksys Router
In case you intend to Limit the Bandwidth on Linksys Router, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Click Applications and Gaming from the login screen in the menu.
- Choose QoS in Applications and Gaming.
- Go to Upstream Bandwidth and choose the MAC address.
- Input name of the device for bandwidth in Name field.
- Input MAC address in the Mac address field, then set the Priority field you like to allow. High supply the highest priority and Low supply the low limits of Bandwidth for the device.
- Click on Save Settings.
You can see the changes in the internet speed when you have configured all the devices.
Set the Bandwidth according to the priorities of how much you use that device.
- Set the work laptop on high priority.
- Change streaming like Roku and Chromecast as a high priority.
- Change childrens laptop with normal priority.
- When you have organized all the devices with their limitations, then you will see the progress in the internet quality.
How to Limit the Bandwidth on Netgear Router
If you want to limit the Bandwidth on Netgear Router, then abide by the given steps:
- Click Advanced from the main menu.
- Tap Setup.
- Then press the QoS setup.
- Choose Setup QoS rule and then click Add Priority Rule.
- Click MAC address in the Priority category.
- Tap radio option in Priority, choose the priority level from high to low.
- Select Apply.
How to Limit the Bandwidth on TP-Link Router
Follow the provided instructions to limit the Bandwidth on TP-Link Router:
- Choose Bandwidth control and select the rules list on the menu.
- Click Add New.
- Tap on IP address and ensure that both the protocols are set.
- Change Egress Bandwidth minimum to maximum to a mere portion of the overall data.
- Change Ingress Bandwidth minimum to the maximum portion of the overall data present by ISP.
How to Limit the Bandwidth on D-Link Router
Go through the offered steps to limit the Bandwidth on D-Link Router:
- Click Advanced and then tap on Traffic Control.
- Choose Add at adding a user rule.
- Tap Add Rules.
- Type in the Source IP field, the IP address, and Up and Down fields.
- Select Add Rules.
is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regardingtrendmicro.com/activation
and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.